Visa for Spain

ticket visados a Visa for Spainpeople visados b Visa for Spain
2DayLanguages will answer all your questions about the necessity of acquiring a visa to come to study in Spain.

Do I have to apply for a student visa to study Spanish in Spain?

  • You don’t need to have a VISA for Spain if your are citizen of a country which is in the Schengen Area:

Germany; Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Cyprus; Denmark; Slovakia; Slovenia; Spain; Estonia; Finland; France; Greece; Holland; Hungary; Ireland;  Island; Italy; Latvia; Lithuania; Luxembourg; Malta; Norway; Poland; Portugal; United Kingdom; Check Republic; Romania; Sweden; Switzerland;

  •  You need to have a VISA for Spain if you are going to study for more than three months and you are a citizen from one of these countries:

Andorra, Argentina, Australia, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, United States, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong – Special Administrative Region (Citizens of the Republic of China), Israel, Japan , Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Macao – Special Administrative Region (Citizens of the Republic of China), Mexico, Monaco, Nicaragua, Norway, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Vatican, Singapore, Uruguay, Venezuela.

  •  You need to have a VISA for Spain if you are citizen of one of these countries:

Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Burma / Myanmar, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, United Arab Emirates, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Philippines, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia , Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Equatorial Guinea, Guyana, Haiti, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Kiribati, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Northern Marianas, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Libya, Morocco Palau , Papua New Guinea, Peru, Qatar, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Dominican Republic, Russia, Rwanda, Solomon Islands, Samoa, St. Vincent and Grenadines, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, Sao Tome and Principe Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Syria, Somalia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Thailand, Taiwan, Tanzania, Tajikistan, East Timor, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu Ukraine, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, PA, East Timor.

If you are VISA student,  before paying for your course at 2DayLanguages, you need to get all the necessary information from the Embassy of Spain. Normally to get a VISA you need to have these documents:

  • VISA application;
  • Valid passport with validity for your entire period in Spain;
  • Photographs;
  • Acceptance letter from 2DayLanguages;
  • Health insurance for your entire period in Spain;
  • Medical certificate;
  • Proof of account with sufficient funds to study in Spain (proof of scholarship or financial aid letter from your parents or guardians assuming full responsibility for the costs of room and board, etc.)
  • If you are under 18 and unaccompanied by your parents, you also need permission to travel and to study.
  • Legalized criminal record certificate.

Visa Spain at 2DayLanguages:

If you want to study Spanish at 2DayLanguages and you need a VISA to enter Spain you should consider the following points:

  • At 2DayLanguages we are always willing to help with your visa application process. However, 2DayLanguages is not responsible if you are refused permission to come and study in Spain for reasons outside of the school’s control.
  • Before starting the application process you have to pay 200 euros to 2DayLanguages for the reservation. This payment will be deducted from the total cost of the course.
  • When you book your course you have to communicate that you need a VISA, because you need a letter of acceptance from the school to apply for it. 2DayLanguages will send you the letter of acceptance. This letter certifies that you are enrolled in a Spanish course at 2DayLanguages. The letter is signed by the Director of 2DayLanguages and has the stamp of the center.
  • Finally, if you cannot attend the course due to the refusal of the VISA, for reimbursement of the money you paid in advance(200 euros), submit the original official letter of rejection at least four weeks before the start of the Spanish course to 2DayLanguages. We will refund all money except administrative costs (bank transfers, phone calls, fax, express mail, etc.).

2DayLanguages advises you to start the visa process at least four months before coming to Spain so you have enough time to get the VISA.

Frequently asked questions about VISAS for Spain:

Once I start the process to obtain a VISA for Spain, it is possible that the consulate of Spain will call me to have a personal interview with me?

Yes. The personal interview is one of the resources used by consulates when they want to acquire more information about your application. They may ask you to have an interview within a period of 30 days.

What happens if I am not able to have an interview?

The visa application is filed. If there is some serious reason why you aren’t able to do an interview in due time you should notify the consulate.

What documents should I receive after I apply for a VISA for Spain?

When you apply for a visa, the consulate has to give you a sealed copy of the application on which the date of filing and the place appears. In case you do not get this copy at the same time, the consulate should send it by certified mail to your home.

How long does the consideration of the VISA application take?

The maximum time of consideration for a VISA is three months. Although for some VISAS in urgent circumstances (asylum, stay of special VISA, family reunification) the period may be reduced because of the importance of the process. If the consulate asks you to submit additional documentation or to have a personal interview, the term does not run until that procedure has been performed.

If I am in Spain during my VISA consideration, how I can know that my VISA is approved?

You can go to the Directorate General of Consular Affairs in person (Street of General Pardiñas 55, Madrid) or call one of these numbers (913 79 16 05 or 913 79 16 07)

How much time do I have to get my VISA for Spain after acceptation?

You have two months to get a VISA after you receive a notification from the consulate.

If my student VISA was denied, can I apply again?

If the denial of the VISA was for a work VISA, self-employed VISA, student VISA or asylum, that’s mean that is not possible to apply for the same reason again.

Can someone else pick up my VISA?

No, you must collect the VISA for Spain by yourself.

When I have a VISA, can I be refused entry into Spain?

Yes, because a VISA for Spain only enables you to present yourself at the border post and request entry. Therefore, if the border officials decide that you do not meet the requirements sufficiently, they can deny your entry.

If I have my VISA or stamp in my passport to enter Spain as a tourist, can I move freely in the other countries of the European Union?

The fact that there are no border controls between countries of the European Union does not imply that you can freely travel between these countries. You must inform the Spanish police of any travel abroad you want to make from Spain, by going to the nearest police station.

What happens if at passport control they do not stamp my entry stamp in the passport?

You should ask them to stamp it because if they don’t, you can’t prove that you are in Spain. It’s enough to go to the police station in the airport with your flight ticket and ask them to stamp your passport.

What happens if they do not allow me entry into Spain when I reach the border post?

You should be notified why they do not let you in with information on how to solve this problem, you should get information to direct you to the institution that can help you. You also have the right to demand to be assisted by counsel (private or public) and if you do not speak Spanish, there is an interpreter who speaks your languages. In addition the stamp in your passport will be crossed out.

Can I work in Spain even I am a student from abroad?

Yes, if you obtain proper authorization and work isn’t an obstacle to continue your studies.

If I have a VISA for Spain or stamp in the passport, am i already a resident?

Not, with a visa you are just in the “legal” visitation in Spain, you can be a resident only if you have a residence permit, with work or without work.

What is the minimum stay to apply for a VISA?

You can ask for as many number of weeks or months as you want, but you should keep in mind that if you apply for a VISA for a Spanish course in Spain for 6 months or less, it won’t be possible to extend your stay in Spain, and you must go back to your country to apply for a new VISA. If you intend to extend your stay in Spain we advise you to book a Spanish course for more than 6 months, and thus you will get a student card and you can request a VISA extension while in Spain.

What should I do first after coming to Spain?

During your first month in Spain you must apply for a student card at the immigration office or police station in the city where you have your Spanish course. In Valencia you can go to the immigration office on the corner of these streets: Diputada Clara Campoamor and Motilla de Palancar, 23. There you must submit all required documentation.

What documents do I need to obtain a student card from the immigration office?

You must meet all the requirements for entry and for staying in Spain. You must have and be able to show a certificate from any Spanish teacher (public or private school) in which you have been enrolled to extend your studies, or do research or perform unpaid training. If you are a minor unaccompanied by a parent, you will be required to show parental permission to travel or to study, which states the school and the period of your stay. In addition, you must have enough finance to cover the cost of studies, stay, health care and a return ticket to your country.

sellos visado Visa for Spain

Can my family come with me?

Yes, but they must also obtain the appropriate VISA if it’s required.

Can I extend the time of my VISA in Spain or stamp?

Yes, you can request an extension of stay for studies provided the initial stay is longer than six months, you’re enrolled in a Spanish course, show that you have enough finance to cover your needs, and do a little language test to show you are learning, .

For how long can I request an extension?

You can request an extension for a minimum of three months and a maximum of one year. You must apply within 60 days prior to the expiration of the student card. You can also request an extension within 90 days of the expiration date of your card, but you may have problems and penalties.